Abuse of our elderly population is a terrible reality that occurs all to often. It can come in the form of physical, mental, or financial abuse. If you are aware of an elderly person who is being harmed please contact us today. Elder abuse often happens in the following circumstances:
Nursing Home Abuse (Skilled Nursing Facilities and Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly.
Violent and physical abuse
Fraud & Financial Abuse
Care Giver abuse
- Regularly inspect your loved one for bruises, cuts, pinch marks, bed sores, skin tears, or other injuries
- Ensure Bank Account’s and other assets are monitored closely
- Ask questions to your elderly loved one to ensure they are being treated properly
- When someone has Alzheimer’s or Dementia it is often difficult to separate reality from fact but listen for new comments or repeated statements. Don’t be afraid to investigate these comments. Abuse is a harsh reality for our vulnerable Elders!
- If you suspect abuse contact The Law Office Of Jeremy M Dobbins to discuss options.